Meet Dr. Denise Theriault, D. M.D.
Dr. Theriault founded Southern Maine Periodontal Associates in 1995. She has an Associates degree in Dental Hygiene from Bangor Community College and a Bachelors degree in Zoology from the University of Maine at Orono. After receiving a Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from Boston University, Goldman School of Graduate Dentistry, Dr. Theriault completed her Periodontal Residency at Boston University.
Dr. Theriault is very involved within the dental community. She is a member of the following organizations and sits on several committees:
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Maine Society of Periodontology (past president)
- American Dental Association
- Maine Dental Association
- Greater Portland Dental Society
- Massachusetts Periodontal Society
- Greater Portland Dental Study Group
- Academy of Osseointegration
- Northeast Regional Board of Dental Examiners
Dr. Theriault was also appointed to the Maine Board of Dental Examiners by Governor Angus King in 2002. In addition to these memberships, she sits on Ad Hoc committees for nursing home care and professional recruitment. She has been a participant in the Donated Dental Services charitable program since 2000.